Defensive Handgun I
A three-hour course designed to take basic pistol shooters and introduce them to the practical shooting principals that will allow them to more effectively engage targets during high-threat situations. This course is for the average person who wishes to develop the real-world shooting skills necessary to survive life-threatening situations. Classes are taught in the traditional OTS relaxed and friendly atmosphere with the majority of the class (90%) taught on the range.
This is not a beginner’s class. Previous training/handgun shooting experience is required.
The cost is $125 and includes targets, eye protection/ear protection, classroom and range time. Space is limited to eight students for this dynamic class.
You will need to bring:
- A pistol or revolver suitable for carry on the street
- A strong-side holster (no appendix or shoulder holsters or waist packs)
- Spare magazines or speed-loaders
- 200 rounds of OTS-approved ammunition
- Street attire appropriate for the class (no open-toed or hard-soled footwear, please)
Please give us at least 48-hour notice if you need to cancel or reschedule your class. Either send an email to Info@otsrange.com or call OTS at 904-301-0700.
Topics for the class include:
- Review of range, firearms safety, and basic fundamentals of shooting
- Tactical drawing, shooting, and reloading
- Emergency reloading
- Malfunction clearance
- One-handed (strong side and weak side) shooting